"smackdown"

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Mar 1 20:46:37 UTC 2004

        Here's a little earlier, from the St. Petersburg Times, 3/1/98:  "Young, cuddly Bucs went
 11-7, including a playoff smackdown of Detroit."

        And Google Groups has this from 1/30/96, from the rec.sport.basketball.pro newsgroup:  "Considering the Smackdown that Jeffery gave you, Josh, I'll defer to many of his points and add a few of my own."

        A band named Hip Hop Fanatics included a song named Smackdown on an album called Stompin 4 Da '94, released 4/11/94, according to Amazon, but I don't know what sense was intended.

John baker