"I see" said the blind man (1948)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 1 21:57:29 UTC 2004

I SEE SAID THE BLIND MAN (brought to you by Barry Popik, who has tried to send this three times)

I SEE SAID THE BLIND MAN--4,870 Google hits, 4.820 Google Groups hits

While we're at the beautiful "C," I thought of "IC."
Does Fred Shapiro have an earlier hit for this?

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
contradictions
"I see," said the blind man. "You don't," said the dumb. "I see,"
said the blind man to his deaf wife as he stuck his wooden leg ...
rec.humor - Feb 21, 1998 by Claudia Heyman - View Thread (1 article)

Canonical List of Contradictions ver 1.0
... uhura.cc.rochester.edu Thanks. --begin jokes here-- "I see," said the
blind man. "You don't," said the dumb. "I see," said the blind ...
rec.humor - May 9, 1994 by Grumpy - View Thread (1 article)

Canonical List of Condractions(?)
... Enjoy... Canonical List of Blind Man...??I
see," said the blind man. "You don't," said the dumb. ...
rec.humor - Feb 28, 1994 by Grumpy - View Thread (6 articles)

csv-0.4 (John Machin release) released
... In Microsoft created CSV files this is done by doubling them: 1,2,3,"""I see,"" said
the blind man","as he picked up his hammer and saw" Excel and Access quite ...
comp.lang.python.announce - Jul 12, 2001 by Dave Cole - View Thread (1 article)

Re: I see, said the blind man...
"I see," said the blind man to his deaf wife as she heard the quadrapeligic children
running down the hall... that's how it went when I was in grade school. ...
rec.humor - Jan 30, 1994 by Cathy Clare - View Thread (26 articles)

(OCLC WORLDCAT)
Title: A killer is loose among us /
Author(s): Terrall, Robert.
Publication: New York : Duell, Sloan and Pearce,
Year: 1948
Language: English
Series: A Bloodhound mystery;
Contents: A sin and a shame -- A fine and deadly mist -- The wife, the husband. and the pretty girl -- "I see," said the blind man -- A flask of sluggish fleas -- Marked for death -- Glint of evil -- Showdown -- The wishing well -- Grandmother's funeral -- Session at the dentist's -- A plague on both houses -- The open mind of D.N. Ferris -- Widow in mouring -- Mama's boy -- Visitors -- Ferris draws his pistol -- The girl is dangerous.