Deer in the headlights (1986, 1988); Play the "X" card

Thu Mar 4 13:32:30 UTC 2004

> An OED person asked about "play the __ card" today.

You should know better than that. I'm either an OUP person or an HDAS
person; I am not a part of the OED team. Maybe you could say I am an
ODAPS person. See how many people figure that out...

Thanks for the great hits. If I had more time, I'd be working full-time
on antedatings, too. But, alas, the rest of the book begs for more
attention...

Grant