Chili-mac (1925)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 5 06:32:24 UTC 2004

(NEW ORLEANS FAIRGROUNDS WEB SITE)
http://www.fgno.com/
"You could get a bowl of chili-macs at the Belfort Inn for a buck and a
quarter," said Joseph E. "Spanky" Broussard, recalling life on the Fair Grounds
backstretch in the mid-1960s. "It was a bowl of macaroni with hot chili on top.
They had bookies in all the joints and you could sit there and bet the Double
for fifty cents."

CHILI-MAC--5,230 Google hits, 794 Google Groups hits
CHILLI-MAC--106 Google hits, 95 Google Groups hits

   "Chili-mac" is not in John Mariani's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD AND
DRINK (1999).  The New Orleans Fair Grounds has a Hall of Fame and twelve years
ago I...never mind.
   I don't have the usual NYU databases here at home.  If anyone finds "chili
mac" from the 16th century, I'll buy dinner.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Dixon Evening Telegraph - 1/4/1951
...MACaroni. I was going to write that CHILI-MAC is just CHILI-con sloshed
over MAC but.....says the studio, is not as biased as the book. w Eddie Bracken
has joined Bing Crosby.....boyed him in St. Louis. But easy goS CHILI-MAC is
CHILI con carne sloshed over.....could get a big white bowl of CHILI-con "or
CHILI-MAC for 15 cents. You could live high..
Dixon, Illinois Thursday, January 04, 1951  824 k

Bradford Era - 1/13/1950
...T.llow-Quiek" CAMPBELL'S SOUP VENICE MAID CHILI-MAC PILLSBURY PANCAKE
FLOUR CLOVERDALE.....SUNSWEET PRUNES BROCTON TOMATO PUREE MONROE CHILI SAUCE WHOLE
APRICOTS SALERNO GRAHAM..
Bradford, Pennsylvania Friday, January 13, 1950  492 k

Edwardsville Intelligencer - 6/29/1939
...FRENCH FRIED Potatoes 'Hunter's CHILI or CHILI MAC tall per tali fet Tall
Cam C. W..
Edwardsville, Illinois Thursday, June 29, 1939  476 k

Reno Evening Gazette - 10/20/1939
...Cimpbelli J dins KETCHUP H.iiu Lg. bollle CHILI-MAC Something different f
Ae IT 2 for.....righl out of Betty Crocker's famous Recipe Book I Try we know
you will be pleased with..
Reno, Nevada Friday, October 20, 1939  505 k

Reno Evening Gazette - 12/2/1941
...V-8 COCKTAIL 25' 12 os. cans Mexicorn 2 .or CHILI-MAC SET 3 te Heart oi
OOe Utah, No. 2.....for the National Football league record book but also
practically sewed up his claim.....Steer Beei.. Link Sausage Ib. Mouniroio fm CHILI
con 15e ROYAL Beef Tongues Corned y0..
Reno, Nevada Tuesday, December 02, 1941  607 k

Nevada State Journal - 8/9/1939
...California Tamales, Raviolis, Spaghetti or CHILI MAC S-oz. Can Clothes
Pins Spring..
Reno, Nevada Wednesday, August 09, 1939  445 k

Daily Register - 2/16/1946
...Sandwiches Of All Kinds .Mexican CHILI and CHILI MAC GRILL Open Week Days
Til 21 Mrs..
Harrisburg, Illinois Saturday, February 16, 1946  830 k

Hammond Times - 11/7/1937
...3 25 3 for Apple Sauce, Gilbert's. 2's CHILI MAC 2 FLOUI7 KNOX-JELL
Gelatine 4..
Hammond, Indiana Sunday, November 07, 1937  715 k

Daily Northwestern - 7/3/1931
...EVERY SATURDAY That delicious Mexican dish CHILI MAC. Big Dinners Minnows
All Hours..
Oshkosh, Wisconsin Friday, July 03, 1931  1033 k

Daily Northwestern - 8/7/1931
...Con Carni lOc, Biggest Regular Dinner 20c. CHILI MAC Free Every Saturday.
PUEPPKE'S, 38.....than Oshkosh is officially listed in the book as having a
population of The book.....20c, Biggest Hamburger Sandwich 5c, CHILI.....will be
registered in an official "guest book." A bulletin board, for all..
Oshkosh, Wisconsin Friday, August 07, 1931  1037 k

Sheboygan Press - 6/25/1925
...We will pay in cash to anyone who can make CHILI-MAC than we do. We
Prepare On Short.....sleep the moit fascinating and Interesting book you've ever
read. free. Write today.....record in England. A SMACking Good Chlli-MAC 15c per
bowl Buy a quart for home use at..
Sheboygan, Wisconsin Thursday, June 25, 1925  708 k
Pg. ?, cols 7-8 ad:
   A Smacking Good
        _Chili-Mac_
15c oer bowl
Buy a quart for home use at...60c
   We will pay $10 in cash to anyone who can make better Chili-Mac than we
do.
(...)
_De Luxe Restaurant_
512 North Eighth St.    Phone 286-J

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark   THE ORIGINAL CHILI MAC
Goods and Services  (ABANDONED) IC 029. US 046. G & S: Chili food product
consisting f spaghetti, beans meat sauce with spices, and chees
Mark Drawing Code   (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code  020107 020131 110325
Serial Number   74015564
Filing Date January 2, 1990
Current Filing Basis    1B
Original Filing Basis   1B
Owner   (APPLICANT) Frass, Melvin R. DBA Mel Frass Co., Inc. UNKNOWN OHIO
P.O. Box 236 Delaware OHIO 43015
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD