"chopped liver" revisited

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Mar 13 20:15:28 UTC 2004

    A few weeks ago I mentioned the great injustice in the expression
(with variants) "What am I, chopped liver?" and wondered how this
delicious food (if prepared properly) could acquire such negative
connotations.

    I now see a plausible answer in a 2002 ads-l message and present
it below my signoff.

Gerald Cohen