Big Hat, No Cattle (1961, 1977)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 15 04:25:48 UTC 2004

BIG HAT, NO CATTLE--1,970 Google hits, 450 Google Groups hits

   There's a gap between 1961 and 1977, but keep in mind we don't have a lot of newspapers from Texas of this period that are digitized.

(OCLC WORLDCAT)
Big hat, no cattle :
managing human resources /
Author: Skinner, Wickham.
Publication: Boston : Division of Research, Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University, 1980
Document: English : Book
Libraries Worldwide: 1

(OCLC WORLDCAT)
Author(s): Newman, Randy.
Publication: Beverly Hills, CA :; DreamWorks,
Year: 1999
Language: English
Music Type: Rock music
Standard No: Publisher: DRMC 50115; Dreamworks
Contents: My country --; Shame --; I'm dead (but I don't know it) --; Every time it rains --; The great nations of Europe --; The one you love --; The world isn't fair --; Big hat, no cattle --; Better off dead --; I miss you --; Going home --; I want everyone to like me.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Lima News - 12/15/1977
...Mr. Davis is NOt like a lot of Texans BIG HAT, NO CATTLE. THAT man's got the CATTLE.....coach. "The over-all quickness of their BIG people is impressive. AND they play tough.....the game with two Disaster mangled coach's BIG dream EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) Bobby Watson.....point of the game. "This is definitely a BIG lift for the Indiana said NOtre Dame..
Lima, Ohio   Thursday, December 15, 1977  554 k

Hillsboro Press Gazette - 12/15/1977
...Mr. Davis is NOt like a lot of Texans BIG HAT. NO CATTLE. THAT man's got the catt'.e.....coach. "The over-all quickness of their BIG people is impressive. AND they play tough.....sports any more. They are a hard business. BIG money business. It's every man for.....consideration with 542 yards. The all-time BIG 10 scorer will be battling Houston's Rob..
Hillsboro, Ohio   Thursday, December 15, 1977  606 k

Mountain Democrat - 1/25/1982
...age of 32. "It's the same old story, BIG HAT AND NO CATTLE. San Jose Earthquakes owner.....left) AND Eric Jenkins converge on the BIG center but too late. Democrat photo by.....BIG Lady Bruin vyin B-2B Ponderosa cagers B-3.....with it when you consider tHAT Jim Otto, of NO knees AND "Pride AND is fixing those..
Placerville, California   Monday, January 25, 1982  408 k

Indiana Evening Gazette - 12/15/1977
...Mr. Davis is NOt like a lot of Texans BIG HAT, NO CATTLE. THAT man's got the CATTLE.....points per Contest AND rebounding well. The BIG bcrost has come from crackerjack Beaver.....World Series from 1972 to 1974. The BIG names of tHAT era are gone, AND the A's.....The Haven is young, with NO dominating BIG man. Taylor has been shuffling people in..
Indiana, Pennsylvania   Thursday, December 15, 1977  726 k

Gettysburg Times - 12/15/1977
...Mr. Davis is NOt like a ot of Texans BIG HAT. NO CATTLE. THAT man's got the.....Alabama defeated NO. 15 Michigan 78-63 AND 19thranked Kansas State clobDICK MYERS.....points early in the game behind Louis Orr AND Ross Kindel AND went on to an easy.....of eight. Reginald King scored 30 points AND grabbed 12 rebounds AND Anthony Murray..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   Thursday, December 15, 1977  506 k

Gettysburg Times - 2/27/1995
...of this, Ann? Baffled Betty Dear Betty: BIG HAT. NO CATTLE. Gem of the Day: When the.....relationships NO small attribute. Lupine AND Poppies, Phlox AND Larkspur are.....furniture, old-fashioned fashions of lace AND hoop-skirts AND bonnets, AND I adore old.....house has one large container for trash AND one for cardboard AND paper; NO overflow..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   Monday, February 27, 1995  575 k

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)(New York Times)
   1. Joy, Anger and, by Finley, a Parting Shot at Kuhn; Joy, Anger and, From Finley, a Parting Shot at Kuhn
By JOSEPH DURSO. New York Times (1857-Current file). New York, N.Y.: Dec 15, 1977. p. 74 (2 pages)

   2. What They Are Saying
New York Times (1857-Current file). New York, N.Y.: Dec 18, 1977. p. 212 (1 page):
   Charles O. Finley, who sold the Oakland A's to Marvin Davis, a Denver oil man:  "Mr. Davis put the money on the line.  Mr. Davis is not like a lot of Texans--big hat, no cattle.  That man's got the cattle..."

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)(Washington Post)
   1.  On Standing Up to Be Counted; Gallery Glimpses Matter of Degree Doubletalk Plain Talk Women's Work... Probing the Frontier Jabbing the Klan Senate Has a News 'Pro' Flash! Title
By Robert C. Albright Staff Reporter. The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973). Washington, D.C.: Aug 27, 1961. p. E1 (2 pages)
FIRST PAGE:
   Rep. David T. Martin (R.-Neb.) reports another barbed one: How an Oklahoma Indian defines a New Frontiersman:
   "Big hat--no cattle."
   Needless to say, this kind of irreverence is confined pretty much to the Republican corner.

   2. Denver Oilman Purchases A's From Finley; A's Lease Poses Problem
The Washington Post (1974-Current file). Washington, D.C.: Dec 15, 1977. p. 96 (2 pages)