101

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Tue Mar 23 15:45:23 UTC 2004

At 10:02 AM 3/23/2004 -0500, John Baker wrote:
>On the other hand, my school, Centre College, was so small that we needed
>just two digits, so the introductory economics course, for example, was
>Economics 11.

Me too. We didn't have such a numbering system at all really. Courses were
called by names not numbers. The only numbers I can think of were on the
English courses -- Literary Tradition I, II, III, and IV. Shortened to Lit.
Trad + number. (And EVERYONE had to take all four regardless of major). Our
beginning politics course (also required of everyone) was called Principles
of American Politics and so forth.

Kathleen E. Miller
The University of Dallas
Class of 1993