Brand naming kids

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Tue Mar 30 12:36:53 UTC 2004

From:    "Larissa H. Chen" <chen at ALVIN.HASKINS.YALE.EDU>

: A cousin of mine named her daughter Alexis (b. 1996), which she said
: at the time was because that was what she couldn't have once the baby
: came along - a Lexus.

I still remember a class where I was teaching about different kinds of
aphasias, and didn't make the connection until afterward that the woman in
the class named Alexia had a rather unfortunate name for a Lx major.

<idle comment> I'm more used to killing threads than spawning much
(non-argumentative) discussion--nice change. </idle comment>

David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx