snakes and peas

Mon May 3 15:32:20 UTC 2004

Barry wrote:

CROOKED AS A BARREL OF SNAKES

   The lodge where I stayed in Namibia had a snake farm.  I didn't see
any barrels.
   A snake might be crooked, by why would the barrel be?
        <<<

For the same reason a barrel is fun when it's full of monkeys: it's not
the object of the comparison, but the measure of the object.

PEAS WITH A KNIFE
        <<<

A rhyme I remember from my childhood.  I think I read it rather than
hearing it:

        I eat my peas with honey.
        I've done it all my life.
        They do taste kind of funny
        But it keeps them on my knife.

My sister and I used to sing it to a tune I made up.

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]