Not all that

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 4 16:59:43 UTC 2004

Could you use something like "it's NOT all *THAT*!" or some such to
illustrate the patterns? I'm accustomed to hearing this said about
people, e.g. "she's not all that (and a bag of fries)," etc., with all
sorts of intonation patterns "_It's_ not all that" is kinda strange.
What was the context?
However, if you don't feel like delving further into this, feel free
not to reply. I won't take it amiss.

-Wilson Gray