E for Effort (1940)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Wed May 5 11:41:27 UTC 2004

From:    Benjamin Barrett <bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU>

: That makes sense and explains my confusion over the "E" usage. I went
: to school in four different school districts, and it seemed there was a
: gradual change going on from an A, B, C, D, F to an A-E scale.

And then there's Carnegie Mellon U's ABCDR scale (as used in the late 1980s,
don't know if they still use it). Campus folklore said the R stood for
Retake, but I have no idea if that's correct.

David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx