Uses of DARE in teaching and research

Beth Simon simon at IPFW.EDU
Thu May 20 21:11:42 UTC 2004

hi joan,

of course, i use DARE for hands-on/eyes-on when introducing regional
dialect, but i also use it to talk about how to read a dictionary entry.

beth

beth lee simon, ph.d.
associate professor, linguistics and english
indiana university purdue university
fort wayne, in 46805-1499
voice 260 481 6761; fax 260 481 6985
email simon at ipfw.edu

>>> jdhall at WISCMAIL.WISC.EDU 05/20/04 1:49 PM >>>
It's time for us at DARE to submit grant proposals to NEH and NSF, and
one
of the things we always like to include in the narrative is a thumbnail
sketch of how other people use or have used the Dictionary and/or our
tapes
and other materials.  If you've found DARE materials useful in either
your
teaching or your research, would you please drop me a line explaining
how
you use them?  Many thanks.

Joan Hall
jdhall at wisc.edu