Fwd: ABCNEWS.com -- What's in a (team) name?

Sat May 29 15:30:47 UTC 2004

this reporter started by mailing david beaver (i'm not sure why), who
passed it on to the Language Loggers in general, and now i'm passing it
on to the ADS, where there actually are onomastics folks (some of whom
are also sports fans, and might actually *know* something about the
questions).  the reporter's deadline is way too soon, of course,
especially on a holiday weekend.

REPLY TO THE JOURNALIST (Michael.James at abc.com), NOT TO ME, please.

arnold

Begin forwarded message: