Burgoo

Fri Nov 5 23:17:38 UTC 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Dennis R. Preston wrote:

> Hardly the same hamlet! It is the state dish. A stew y'all would call
> it, I reckon. See the recipe on p. 167 of The United State Regional
> Cookbook, ed. by Ruth Berolzheimer....

> In season, add one dozen squirrels to each 100 gallons.
>
> The beginning of the recipe notes it will make 1200 gallons...

this is such a big project it ought to be called Texas Burgoo.

i don't think i ever had kentucky burgoo, but i was told, decades ago,
that burgoo could be made without the squirrels, but that they were
essential for True Burgoo.

arnold, pining for kentucky country hams and beaten biscuits
   (cheese grits i can make myself)