"Brain" as Slang for "Oral Sex"

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sun Nov 7 04:47:43 UTC 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 9:51 PM, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "Brain" as Slang for "Oral Sex"
> --------
>
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 05:43:49PM -0500, Wilson Gray wrote:
>> But why "demeaning to women," especially? Don't they also get brain?
>> Men don't feel demeaned when they give women brain. So I've heard.
>
> While _head_ can refer to either fellatio or cunnilingus, I've
> never seen _brain_ (or _skull_, for that matter) refer to the
> latter. And I do think the expression is fairly widespread
> now. Perhaps there's an example of 'cunnilingus' out there,
> but if it exists, it must be pretty rare.
>
> Jesse Sheidlower
> OED

I agree. But there's nothing to prevent one from using "give
brain/skull" in exactly the way that one uses "give head," if one so
chooses. It's not obligatorily gender-specific like, e.g. "polish
knob." In any case, I had in mind the performance of the act of
cunnilingus itself and not the use of "give brain" as a possible term
for the performance of that act. I'm sorry that I was less than clear.

-Wilson Gray