snuffy smith's home identified by regional dialect

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Tue Nov 9 20:18:08 UTC 2004

Yes! Evil-Eye Fleagle! Thanks! Now, what about the square-jawed Dick
Tracy parody who always got his arse shot off, but was never even
wounded, let alone killed. (When I was in the War, we used to sing a
British anti-war song whose only line I can remember is, "I don't want
to get me arse shot off." The line, "I don't want to go war," may have
preceded or followed it.)

-Wilson