Burgoo

Lesa Dill lesa.dill at WKU.EDU
Tue Nov 9 23:51:19 UTC 2004

Never would I think all barbecues taste the same although I'm partial
to the variety from West Tennessee--hickory smoked and pulled with or
without coleslaw piled on the sandwich and with a sauce that is
vinegary and peppery with a bit of tomato base.  What I meant to imply
was that I think there are as many Brunswick Stew and Burgoo recipes
as there are barbecue recipes and the argument that might follow would
involve who has the best or first or correct or whatever Brunswick
Stew/ Burgoo recipe.  I've had Brunswick stew with ground beef/ground
meat in it as well as a bunch of veggies although not cabbage or
celery that I remember.  I've also seen Burgoo without ground meat.

Hey, any chance you'd be willing to share that Virginia Brunswick Stew
recipe?  I've been looking for a good one for years! And as far as
going on the road for months to sample BBQ, I'm game--no pun intended.

Lesa
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:38:25 -0500
 Sam Clements <SClements at NEO.RR.COM> wrote:
> [...]
I cook a