John Simpson on David Shulman

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 10 19:27:22 UTC 2004

To add to the tributes to David Shulman, let me post to the list (with
John's permission) a comment made in an e-mail to me from John Simpson,
chief editor of the OED, after I had forwarded to him the New York Times
obituary on David.  It is interesting to see that David was sending
contributions to the OED up to the very end.

Fred Shapiro