New day, old topic

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Tue Nov 16 01:15:27 UTC 2004

Jesse Sheidlower wrote that:

"[T]he topic under discussion [is] whether black women like to perform
fellatio."

This was also a much-discussed topic 'mongst the bruz & cuz in 1954 and
probably in 1904. too. In my day, in the '50's, we didn't even have any
slang terms for it, since all such terms in the local BE were
gay-specific. We borrowed the terms used by our white contemporaries.
We had "dome" in those days, but it meant "head" only in the literal
sense, as in "get one's dome combed" = get a haircut. [Damn! Just heard
the band's name pronounced "Led Zepple-in" on the History Channel!]

-Wilson Gray