wag

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Thu Nov 18 07:30:35 UTC 2004

MW3 shows this "wag" (v.t. [1b]) = "dialect: to carry or haul with
difficulty : LUG <wag groceries home in a cart> <a small child ...
compelled to wag her baby brother around with her -- Theodore Garrison>".

Manly Wade Wellman, _The Lost and the Lurking_ (1981), p. 72: <<"... You
just let me wag your stuff back here. ....">>. Speaker is a black man in
the boonies of the eastern Appalachians, I reckon maybe in NC. [Wellman's
fiction set in Appalachia is full of such things: "air" for "any", never
"might" but always "might could", etc., etc.]

-- Doug Wilson