dialectal "from the home" /of the home

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Sat Nov 20 16:24:52 UTC 2004

I'm sure the first was meant.  In any case, it's also used here in SE Ohio,
in print obits too.  I won't swear by it, but I think the phrase "from
home" used to be used (in my parents' day) to indicate a home funeral,
without the use of a mortuary: "He was buried from home."  Do others
recognize this?