"Adam Had 'Em" (1911)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 22 05:14:34 UTC 2004

Here's more.

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)

  Lincoln Daily News  Saturday, August 08, 1914 Lincoln, Nebraska
...The Antiquity of which reads: "ADAM HAD 'EM." Strlchland Gillilan may.....them." That was about the lost word he HAD HAD from Dick. They HAD ridden up to..

  Charleroi Mail  Saturday, March 25, 1911 Charleroi, Pennsylvania
...liquor men up. The Shortest Poem Made ADAM HAD 'EM. ___ Capt. Richmond Hobsori.....the effects of the heroic treatment HAD worr away the knee joint was good as..
Pg. 6(?), col. 2:
_The Shortest Poem Made_
Adam
Had 'em.

  Lincoln Daily News  Saturday, June 27, 1914 Lincoln, Nebraska
...of Microbes." And the poem itself was: ADAM "HAD 'EM." Robertus speaks kindly.....kick that would have disabled a horse, HAD it struck home. Everybody under the..

  Daily Commonwealth  Friday, May 10, 1912 Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
...of the Microbe." He arose and said, "ADAM HAD "em." and then sat down. "Well.....I remembered that the old rascal who HAD invaded my rooms HAD tried to make..
Pg. 7, col. 1:
_Said Much in Little._

"Cy" Warman, the poet and humorist, is credited with the story of an after-dinner speaker who was called on to speak on "The Antiquity of the Microbe." He arose and said, "Adam had 'em," and then sat down.