dialectal "from the home" /of the home

Tue Nov 23 14:15:13 UTC 2004

Police escorts of funerals, once commonplace in the
Salt Lake City area, are now rare.  This was never, to
the best of my knowledge (i.e., my father's funeral 40
years ago) a free service, so escalating cost
(liability, more time because of heavier traffic and
greater distances, better police pay, etc.)is probably
a major factor in the demise of this practice.

=====