Request for info on hot dogs in literature

Wed Nov 24 16:04:39 UTC 2004

"James A. Landau" <JJJRLandau at AOL.COM> writes:
> [...]
It became New Latin "allantois" from which we get the English words
"allantoin" and "allantois".  Not to be confused with "Alan", an
Indo-European people who got scattered from the Volga to North Africa by the
Huns*, or the Irish god "Allun".

I seem to recall that one of Aristophanes's plays (perhaps "The Clouds") had
a major character who was a sausage-seller.
 <<<<<

(OT:)** "And I'm cuttin' me own throat!"

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]

* (This footnote deleted after a sudden temporary attack of sanity.)

** "off-topic", not "Old Testament"