Virgin Mary image in Grilled Cheese Sandwich (now less OT)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 24 19:32:42 UTC 2004

At 6:31 PM +0000 11/24/04, Michael Quinion wrote:
>  Let us not get into the intricacies of Welsh rabbit, which
>one of my subscribers keeps trying to tell me, in defiance of all
>experience and every dictionary and cookery book I know of, is never
>served on toast.

Maybe your subscriber knows the cheese-on-toast version as "Welsh
rarebit", and figures that after all the two can't be the same, can
they?  ;-)
(Begging the question of what else Welsh rabbit would be, of course.)

Larry, hoping he's just used "beg the question" in the traditionally
approved way...