the Lenape language

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Mon Nov 29 18:51:37 UTC 2004

That's great, Beverly.  What is especially surprising is the
reviewer's statement that pretty well all the Lenape scholarship has
been terrible -- as if the reviewer is the only one who's ever managed
to get it right.

Victoria

On Monday, November 29, 2004 12:16 PM Beverly Flanigan wrote:

> If I can find Goddard's e-dress, I'll forward it to him.  I
> agree that the
> vitriolic nature of the review is surprising.  Americanists
> are usuallly
> very staid and polite in their comments (but then, maybe
> the book IS really
> really bad!).

Victoria Neufeldt
727 9th Street East