Not in DARE?

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon Oct 11 14:34:42 UTC 2004

I have always associated "sleep" with said eye-boogers. Since you use
this odd collocation, it's perhaps interesting to note that many
languages have one word for eye-, nose, and even ear-boogers
(although ass-boogers are usually a separate lexical item), obviously
focusing on the formation of crud in small body cavities rather than
the substance of the formation. Whorf lives!

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor