The new Washington DC baseball team

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Wed Oct 13 16:00:20 UTC 2004

Nice suggestion, Larry!  ESPN obviously needs a serious infusion of imagination
in its team-naming efforts.  Now up here, in Northampton, the women's softball
teams have truly interesting names.  My particular favorite, "The Red Scare,"
would work extremely well, I think, for a Washington D.C. baseball team, since
it carries a political theme evocative of the city's mentality and would
alliterate beautifully with the name of the corresponding football squad.

Joanne

P.S. The Redskins ARE still in Washington, aren't they?