Re:       Who's your daddy?

Steve Boatti Ittaob at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 14 15:28:07 UTC 2004

In a message dated 10/14/04 10:59:02 AM, RonButters at aol.com writes:

> > Anyone have any information about the origins of the phrase "Who's your
> > daddy?" This phrase was
> > recently used by Red Sox pitcher Pedro Martinez. A reporter wants to know.

Well, Pedro Martinez never used the phrase "Who's your daddy?" A few weeks
ago, after losing a game to the Yankees, he said "You have to give them credit .
. .They beat me. They're that good right now. They're that hot.   I just tip
my hat and call the Yankees my daddy." Soon after, Yankees fans began
serenading the Red Sox players with the derisive chant, "Who's your daddy?" So the
real question is, what is the origin of the phrase, "_______ is my daddy," with
the meaning of "________ dominates me."

Steve Boatti
sjb72 at columbia.edu