Who's your daddy?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Oct 15 18:21:54 UTC 2004

My description is of the way the life is lived in Los Angeles. In my
lost youth, the picture that I had of prostitution was very close to
what you describe, that being what it says in books. The reality of
black street prostitution in Los Angeles, however, is very, very, very
different.

In any case, I have no experience whatsoever with any aspect of NYC,
never having spent more that a couple of days there at any one time.
So, I yield to your expertise. On the other hand, I lived and worked
for about twenty years in LA-LA Land, seeing, experiencing, reading,
and hearing about every aspect of that city's black neighborhoods. I
also accept your argument that now, even in South-Central L.A., things
are not necessarily the way that they were back in the day.
Nevertheless, I consider it extremely unlikely that, somehow, all
gorilla pimps have now been evicted from South-Central L.A. and have
been replaced by more-or-less ordinary businessmen only trivially
distinct from the people who run nudie bars and produce commercial porn
and that lightly-boozing whores have been replaced by serious dopers.

-Wilson Gray