Re:       WNI (word not in)

Sun Oct 17 21:56:47 UTC 2004

I don't suppose that a word that was in use in 1928 should be a good
candidate for Word of the Year 2004?

As DB well knows, the absence of a form from dictionares does not necessarily
mean that it is not in use--not if the morphemes from which it is derived
make its meaning transparent. Surely "favorability" fits that category?

And of course the spellcheckers for Word et al. are notoriously limited what
they accept.