Odds and Ends

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Wed Oct 20 11:52:49 UTC 2004

Didn't nobody asked me what I'd like to see digitized, but I'd say
the basic recordings of US dialects should have priority. The
famously unavailable tapes of LANCS, for example, and all the very
useful DARE tapes, etc... . Some of this is apparently underway, but
we need an even more urgent effort to digitize (and make available)
this basic record.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu