"incorrect" possessive pronouns

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri Oct 22 01:55:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 06:18:02PM -0700, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:

[MWDEU]

> it too was a group project, and a good thing too; the world has far too
> many usage dictionaries that express a very personal and unique take on
> things.

Without denying that many people contributed to this work, we should
give due credit to Ward Gilman, the guiding force behind it, whose
very personal and unique take, and his great wit, suffuse the book.
The modesty of the book's lack of stated authorship should not cause
us to overlook his overwhelming contribution to it.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED