RHDAS availability.

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Tue Oct 26 00:35:20 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mullins, Bill" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: "kicky" antedating

> Poster:       Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "kicky" antedating

> >> "Kicky" is so old that it's almost unbelievable that it didn't appear
> >> in print until the mid-'Sixties.
> >
> >Except, of course, for that 1942 quote in HDAS.
>
> I don't have the HDAS, glad to see that it's in there.

To anyone who doesn't have the first two volumes of HDAS, shame on you.  If
you're gonna antedate, you have to own them.  (and use them--sorry, Wilson!
But, I've forgotten to look, myself)

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=WDveTJ3lUFPYKQZ9gFjGqonFyrE_1667863367_1:4:9

Volume I is available from the nice folks at Strand.  If I'm not
misremembering, they own the entire remaindered lot of these.  I bought mine
from them a few years ago, when they were about $10.  Now they're $25.
Considering that the book had a retail price of $50, this is still a
bargain. These are new books, just remainders.

It's harder to find Vol. II.  I noticed a SET of I/II available for $70 and
shipping.
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=WDveTJ3lUFPYKQZ9gFjGqonFyrE_1667863367_1:4:14

Who would have though that Jon Lighter could be bought so cheap?  :)

Sam Clements