N-bomb

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Wed Sep 1 20:24:48 UTC 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
> Subject:      Re: N-bomb
> --------
>
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:14:05AM -0400, Kristina Eisenhower wrote:
>> I am a doctoral student in Second Language Acquisition and a new
>> subscriber to this list.  If I can be so bold to ask: what the fuck
>> is the "n-bomb"?
>
> The word _nigger_.
>
> Jesse Sheidlower
> OED

No shit?! To quote Johnny Carson, "I did not know that." Yesterday, I
did a quick Google of "n-bomb" and got the impression therefrom that it
stood for "n[uclear]-bomb." So, how is this other "n-bomb" used and who
uses it?

BTW, I heard a man describe himself as a "cheap drunk." That's not
precisely "cheap _date_," but it's close enough for government work.
Furthermore, I heard my own wife use "to not VP." Fortunately, we have
a home defibrillator kit, so I was able to survive the ensuing
myocardial infarction.

-Wilson Gray