egregious prescriptivism

Patti J. Kurtz kurtpatt4 at NETSCAPE.NET
Fri Sep 10 13:49:02 UTC 2004

GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU wrote:

>--------------------
>
>I didn't read Wilson Gray's comment as prescriptive. I thought he was =
>reminding us of an earlier thread in which it was suggested that "be =
>done" vs. "be through" might be indexical of some variety or other. =
>Obviously, I forget the details.

Me, too-- and I thought he kidding bec. of that

--

Dr. Patti J. Kurtz

Assistant Professor, English

Director of the Writing Center

Minot State University

Minot, ND 58707

Foster: What about our evidence? They've got to take notice of that.

Straker: Evidence. What's it going to look like when Henderson claims
that we manufactured it, just to get a space clearance program?

Foster: But we are RIGHT!

Straker: Sometimes, Colonel, that's not quite enough.