Klingon language attitudes

Fri Sep 10 21:03:02 UTC 2004

In a message dated 9/10/04 12:05:13 PM, barnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM writes:

> By the
> way, are speakers of Klingon very prescriptive in their attitudes?  And,
> what is the size of the Klingon lexicon?

I don't know how big the Klingon vocabulary is, but I am sure that info is
readily available on the internet. No doubt one can purchase a dictionary and
introductory grammar from Barnes and Noble, complete with a CD to guide your
pronunciation.

As for language attitudes, I suspect that all Klingons are prescriptivists,
and each one is right. Criticism, however, can be dangerous.