dookie

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Sep 24 14:35:11 UTC 2004

At 9:19 AM -0500 9/24/04, Barbara Need wrote:
>"two turds", i.e. 2/3
>
>Barbara

I can go either way on this.  "turd" can be used as a natural kind
term, in which case you have to know something about the causal
history, or it can be used phenomenologically.  Compare the effect of
cutting a worm in half--if you know the history, you have a dead
worm.  If not, you have two dead worms.  (That does kill them, right?
I'm a bit vague about the facts here.)

larry