"Windy City" is plagiarized

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun Sep 26 17:04:14 UTC 2004

   Re: Barry's note below (and his lengthier e-mail which I and several others received), I'd suggest proceeding as follows

        With Barry's assistance I'll prepare an article on "The Windy City" for an upcoming issue of Comments on Etymology (most likely the December one), and he will of course be listed as the author. We can then put the article on the Internet and try to have it publicized in newspapers. I'll also be delighted and honored to have it appear in the next volume of _Studies in Slang_ (volume 7), which I'll compile largely from items that Barry or I have written, and the volume will list us as co-authors.

Gerald Cohen

        <snip"
> MISC.
>
> "WINDY CITY" IS PLAGIARIZED--My ADS-L post has not appeared in about three hours. If anybody wants it, I guess I'll e-mail it to those I haven't done so
> already. The new ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CHICAGO is out, and my (old) work appears under someone else's name.

                        <snip>