Re:       Re: SUX

Mon Sep 27 16:32:35 UTC 2004

As Connie Eble points out in her book, it is rarely possible to point with
certainty to one and only one origin for a slang term. The single-minded
preoccupation that many people--especially straight people--have with fellatio is
somewhat amusing.

I mention "your ass sucks wind" in my DICTIONARIES article, as a part of the
pre-1960s constelation of sucky words. I never heard the "sissy-stick"
continuation. My father used the shorter version (born in Iowa whatever year it was
that the Titanic sank).