SUX

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Tue Sep 28 03:07:52 UTC 2004

A rather bright poster over at StraightDope posted this in a thread today.
If anyone has the ability to check it out, it might offer the earliest
useage found.

Posted by "Walloon"

    >> Well, let me mention again The Daily Cardinal at the University of
Wisconsin in Madison, where the anti-"sucks" editorial appeared during the
football season in the late 1940s. I saw it with my own eyes. Wish I had an
exact date for you.

That the editorial did not have to explain what was offensive about "sucks"
suggests it was slang that was already understood by its readers.<<

Sam Clements