the world

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Thu Sep 30 02:46:14 UTC 2004

 . I was reminiscing about locutions that were
>formerly considered to be of serious import, but which now are mere
>dust in the wind, to coin a phrase. BTW, are you old enough to remember
>"Winston's taste good, like a cigarette should!" and the accompanying
>prescriptivist brouhaha? If an ad agency came up with that slogan
>today, it would read, "Winstons taste good, how a cigarette should!"
>
>-Wilson
~~~~~~~
IIRC, the grousers then wanted to purify the airwaves (though not the air,
of course!) with "Winstons taste good _as_ a cigarette should."
A. Murie

Of course, really, nothing  ever tasted as good as a plain unfiltered Camel.
........but that was long ago.............  .   .   .     .