Nicaragua

Mon Apr 4 16:30:50 UTC 2005

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> sez:

Given that the sounds represented by the spellings "g," "gh," and "ch"
as pronounced in Dutch are sounds that don't exist in English, I would
be stunned to hear any English-speaker pronounce "Gogh" as the Dutch
do. It would be a real accomplishment. I've tried it, quite
unsuccessfully, while vacationing in Amsterdam and with Dutch friends
in here in the States. It's *very* difficult.

<<<

Not for all of us, bubbele.

-- Mark