Nicaragua

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Mon Apr 4 17:02:36 UTC 2005

A fellow student in my German-for-foreigners class at the U. of Vienna eons
ago, a Brit, once observed during a break in the class, "I [ka:nt] read
[kaent]," which made me laugh out loud.  In one of life's missed
opportunities, I wasn't quick enough on the uptake to observe that I had
the opposite problem, "I [kaent] read [kant]."

Peter Mc.

--On Sunday, April 3, 2005 9:34 PM +0200 Christine Waigl <cwaigl at FREE.FR>