Don Q. (was: Nicaragua)

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Apr 6 23:33:07 UTC 2005

Veering a bit further yet from "Nicaragua," there seems to be a general
conviction at least in the Germanic-speaking areas of continental Europe
that the name of that famous Spanish novel is properly pronounced something
like "Donkey Shot," which completely baffled me the first time I
encountered it.  (I assume this pronunciation came via France, though I
don't think I ever actually heard a Frenchman refer to the work.)

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, April 6, 2005 6:17 PM -0500 "Sally O. Donlon"