Rush Limbaugh's "guttural" language

Thu Apr 14 04:26:27 UTC 2005

As reported by Billboard Radio Monitor and Wonkette, Rush Limbaugh issued
the following quasi-apology for using the term "blow jobs" during a rant
about Al Gore and Bill Clinton earlier this week:

-----
I meant to say 'oral sex' throughout, but the guttural term escaped my
pouty lips in a moment of pure, unbridled passion. The staff was so
stunned and so scared today they didn't dare hit the delete button, the
deedle button, and so it got out there.

http://billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/format/talk/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000882749
http://www.wonkette.com/politics/media/rush-gives-too-much-credit-to-clinton-039792.php
-----

The transcript reads "guttural", but I'd imagine Rush had the eggcornified
"gutteral" in mind.

("Deedle button" is evidently a Rushism for the button used to bleep
on-air obscenities.)

--Ben Zimmer