"The Big Apple" (was: Beducator; Panissa)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Fri Apr 15 02:59:48 UTC 2005

Barry,
Whazzup? Your website mentions that I did write the letter to Tulsa, although I never received a reply. No problem. For us the subject is important but for the journalists there it's obviously less so. I shall lose zero amount of sleep over their lack of attention.

  Btw--for ads-l-- my main interest in "The Big Apple" now is the preparation of a revised edition of my 1991 monograph--this time with Barry listed as author and incorporating his extraordinary research on the subject. That will have to come in 2006 though. For the upcoming summer I'll try to prepare vol. 7 of _Studies in Slang_, co-authored with Barry as was volume 6.

Gerald Cohen

        <snip>