Nobody Does It Like Sara Lee?

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Mon Apr 18 00:57:28 UTC 2005

Only some of them?  I always heard it as "does it like"--presumably bakes
like she does, that is.  Two reasons, perhaps: The negative nasal is hard
to hear in song.  But more importantly, I couldn't say "nobody doesn't
like"; I'd say "there's nobody who doesn't like ...."  So my grammar simply
wouldn't "hear" the sentence you're citing.  Does anyone know where the
slogan originated?

This reminds me again of the song "It's not unusual to be loved by
anyone"--totally ungrammatical for me.