How did we miss this one? (the "whizzinator")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Apr 24 20:15:29 UTC 2005

At 3:44 PM -0400 4/24/05, Sam Clements wrote:
>Here's
>http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:muCuRGFk1QkJ:www.disputes.org/decisions/0784.htm+whizzinator+1999&hl=en
>
>a Google cache of the trademark/infringement case between the
>"Urinator"(1998) and the "Whizzinator."  The Tennessee company seems to
>think they have a leg up on the whizz guys.
>
>Strikes me as just a pissing match.
>
>sam clements

Just think, in some future generation someone will insist that this
dispute was responsible for the origin of "pissed off", and someone
on ads-l (perhaps Barry Popik IV) will demonstrate an antedate.