"blitz rapist"

Fri Apr 29 18:57:49 UTC 2005

The term "blitz rape" is apparently well-known in scholarly circles.  See,
e.g.:

DC Silverman, SM Kalick, SI Bowie, SD Edbril, "Blitz rape and confidence
rape: a typology applied to 1,000 consecutive cases." _Am. J. Psychiatry_,
Nov 1988; 145: 1438-1441.

There's a review in _Journal of Marriage and the Family_ of _The Other
Side of Rape_ by Paul R. Wilson (1979), which mentions "blitz rape".
Don't know if Wilson coined the term.

As for "blitz rapist", the earliest cite I see is from 1987.

-----
1987 _Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology_ 78(2) 326 Other factors,
such as witnesses and other evidence, are responsible for explaining the
apprehension of single stranger blitz rapists who do not move their
victims.
-----

And FWIW there's no British band named "Blitz Rapist".  The Google hits
are from a British punk compilation that has these two consecutive tracks:

"Time Bomb", Blitz
"Rapist", Combat Eighty Four

--Ben Zimmer